[Virtual Event] The Modern SaaS Finance Summit – Register Now
Our software community is facing uncertain times. In light of this, we are changing the Modern SaaS Finance Summit in two ways. First, we are excited to be launching The Modern SaaS Finance Summit as a landmark virtual event, running from April 2 -28, with your peers, investors, and advisors sharing their stories. You will find the registration here.
Second, it will also now focus more on how to immediately react to the shifting business landscape—with a big focus on preserving cash. Jeff Epstein, Finance Operating Partner at Bessemer Ventures and our former board member, just advised his portfolio, “Evaluate your liquidity and likely cash out date under your worst-case scenario. Have an objective of a minimum of 18 months of cash. Twenty-four months is better.”
The first session will be “Forecasting the Future of Cash, Revenue, and Billings.” This will share insights by Vinny Prajka, Partner at JMI Equity, a growth equity firm focused on investing in leading software companies, and Mike Etheridge, VP of Finance of Arena Solutions, a leader in SaaS B2B Product Lifecycle Management, on Thursday, April 2, at 11AM PST /2PM EST.
Other sessions include:
- 4/7: Know Where Your Company Stands: Insights from David Spitz at KeyBanc Capital Markets, one of the top IPO investment banks, on how to communicate to investors
- 4/9: The Power of the Tech Finance Community
- 4/14: What’s Next in Subscription Revenue Recognition by Tony Sondhi, a member of the FASB ASC606 Task Force, and the Controllers of Workiva, Code42, and Jobvite
- 4/16: Innovate Your Subscription Billing Model with MGI Research and Talix, RiskIQ, and AtScale, leaders in healthcare, security, and data science
- 4/21: How to Update Your Board for early-stage, growth-stage, and private equity-funded companies, with Greycroft, Alpine Investors, and Vector Capital
- 4/23: Bessemer’s Cloud Industry Update for CFOs by Byron Deeter, Partner at Bessemer Ventures
- 4/28: The New Role of Revenue Operations, with the Finance Leaders of Conga and SalesHood
If there are other topics you’re interested in covering, please let me know by reaching out via David.Appel@sage.com. I will compile requests and work on helpful insights. We want to do what we can to help your business now, and partner with you for the long-term.
In the meantime, please stay safe.
David Appel is the Head of Software & SaaS at Sage Intacct, and is passionate about creating great B2B SAAS companies. Over time he has developed a series of SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise customer-lifecycle playbooks that focus on creating value for customers, increasing return for shareholders, and building great teams, that have generated over $1.1B in market capitalization for his clients.